Custom Search
can you translate español: Object Pronouns

Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday 7 August 2010

Object Pronouns

Subject Direct Indirect Object of Prepositions
yo I me me me to me me
you te you te to you ti you
él he/it lo him/it le to him/it él him/it
ella she/it la her/it le to her/it ella her/it
Usted you la you le to you Usted you
nosotros (as) we nos us nos to us nosotros (as) us
vosotros (as) you os you os to you vosotros (as) you
Ustedes you los, las you les to you Ustedes you
ellos (as) they los them les to them ellos (as) them
  1. An object pronoun generally precedes the conjugated verb, except if is used in an affirmative command, with an infinitive or gerund.  Then it is attached to the verb as one word.  me Ud. el libro.  Give me the book.
  2. When you have more than one pronoun, the indirect comes before the direct.  If both pronouns begin with the letter l, then the first one is changed to se.
  3. When one or two object pronouns follow and are attached to the verb form, an accent mark must be added to retain the original stress of the word.
  4. For clearness or emphasis, the prepositional form of a plus an object of a preposition may be used.  Nos envió a Ud.  He sent us to you.
  5. When the preposition con (with) precedes me or te, the words change to conmigo (with me) and contigo (with you).

No comments:

Post a Comment